v16 of QRTE Hangs at beginning of any trial with images.

Home Forums Support v16 of QRTE Hangs at beginning of any trial with images.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter D

I’ve been trying to switch from v15 to v16 of QTRE in the hope that it would fix the issue where there is a white flash between trials in a Loop and Merge (I use a black background) but am having another problem.

My survey only runs if I do not use any image tags. I use a L&M column with an image URL as stimulus, but if I place it in an img tag, the survey hangs on the “Init” question. If I remove the image tag and just print the URL as text the survey works fine. The javascript console says “Process 0finished, waiting for other processes to finish” when the hang happens.

Does anyone have any advice?

Peter D

Having looked at this more, it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with whether the images are actually loaded (they both are shown as loaded in the chrome inspector) and con sometimes be fixed by refreshing the page two or three times.

The issue comes back the next time the survey is closed and opened though, refreshing is not a real fix.

Alisdair

I have this too — anyone have any ideas?

Bri

It might be worth checking your Look & Feel for page transition setting. It should be set to “none”. We had this same issue with pictures not loading and Qualtrics showing a blank screen. On the github QRTE repository page, Becky had a similar issue and posted about how changing the Page Transition setting fixed it for her. It fixed it for us too, so hopefully the solution is as simple as that for y’all!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.