Parser not working on MacOS or Windows

Home Forums Support Parser not working on MacOS or Windows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Hello,

I’ve run an experiment using the QRTE. However, I’m unable to parse the data. When I attempt to do so on MacOS, I’m able to open the parser window and select my data file. However, when a click the button to parse the data, nothing happens. The parser does not produce the ‘_out’ file. When I attempt to parse the data on my windows 64-bit system, the parser doesn’t even open. When I extract the .rar file, there are two files: QRTEParser (a windows batch file) and QRTEParser_win64 (an executable jar file). When I click the QRTEParser file, I can see a black comment prompt window flash up for a brief moment. But it soon disappears and nothing else happens. And nothing happens at all when I click the QRTEParser_win64 file.

I understand that other people are having parser issues as well, and that the team is in the process of releasing the next version of the parser. Will the next version correct these issues? If so, is there any idea when it will be available? And is there anything I can do in the meantime to access my data?

I’m very excited to have such a useful tool for collecting data online. However, if I can’t access my data then it’s difficult to make the most out of it! Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
    Tim

Tim

Hi guys,

Different Tim this time, al though he has the exact same problem as me and even ends the same way I do (cheers).
    On my mac, I’m getting an ‘out’ file, only it only shows 1 word.
    I have the same problem on the Windows computers with the parser. The command window shows briefly, but then quickly closes.

I hope you guys can help! Like doppelganger Tim also said, I love the program, but the data is hardly accessable lik this 🙂

Cheers,

Tim

Tim

So, small break through over here. I saw another post, saying something about Java and folder paths etc.
    So I’ve installed / updated Java.
    And I’ve moved the files from my USB stick to my desktopfolder. Now I’m able to open the parser and even select a file.. However, now it says: ‘Click convert when ready’. But I don’t see a convert button 🙁

Parser screenshot

Robert

I’m having the same problem as Tim on Mac OS X Yosemite. The Parser opens the file, yields and _out file, but there’s just one word at the top. “topLevelId”

I wonder … do the data need to be cleaned? Is there a tutorial on the parser somewhere?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.