Parser not converting all rows

Home Forums Support Parser not converting all rows

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nina

Hello,

I have a data file with 70 participants’ data in it. When I use the parser on the whole file, only the first two participants’ data appears in the output file. I tried converting a file with just the last two participants’ data in it and that worked fine, so I don’t think the problem is with the data itself.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Many thanks,
    Nina

SY

Hi,

The same problem is happening to me. the parser only gave me the headline of one variable but nothing else. Is there any guideline that I can check whether my dataset is consistent with the format the parser is based on to separate the unit?

stephen

also running into the same issue…the parser is only giving me results from the last block (out of 4).

Erwin Haasnoot
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the late reply. Sadly the parser is a difficult subject to tackle. My hands are tied when it comes to having the QRTEngine return a proper, Qualtrics “native” data set. Qualtrics doesn’t support dynamically adding new columns to their data sets (neither in Questions, nor in Embedded Data). This is solved by having the QRTEngine output the dynamically created fields (such as Stimulus RTs, Responses, Onset & Offsettimes, etc. etc. ) in a relatively standard JSON format. The parser then takes this JSON format and turns into into columns in a CSV file.

Setting up your QRTE-enabled task correctly for the parser is rather tricky, as it relies on a few options that, if configured incorrectly, don’t negatively impact the performance of the survey, and as such are easy to go by unnoticed. I have released the source of the Parser on my github: https://github.com/ErwinHaasnoot/QRTEParser, but sadly I haven’t found the time yet to properly document the code.

Regarding your issues: It sounds like your issues all differ from eachother. @Nina, maybe there’s something strange about your third participant that causes a hard crash in the QRTEParser. Would you mind e-mailing your datafile to support@qrtengine.com so I can investigate? The same for your first participant, SY.

I have addressed Stephen’s issue in an e-mail he sent to me. The issue was due to Stephen’s task not containing unique question tags for his Exit questions, resulting in the parser continuously overwriting the data from the the previous block (and as a result, only having the last block left in the dataset, which consequently was the largest as well).

Best,

Erwin

Erwin Haasnoot
    Keymaster

Hi Sy,

One more thing. In the original data file, did you leave out the row with the question text? The parser expects this row to be there, but skips it automatically. If you only have one respondent in your data, the parser would automatically skip the respondent data instead, and return an empty file. Make sure you keep the export tags checkbox checked!

Best,

Erwin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.