Parser not converting all QRTE trial data

Home Forums Support Parser not converting all QRTE trial data

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Becky

Hi,

I have an experiment with three QRTE blocks and several non-QRTE blocks that also use Loop & Merge. There are different numbers of rows (trials) across the different Loop & Merge blocks (both QRTE and non-QRTE) in the experiment.

When I run the parser on the wide csv file from Qualtrics, I get very weird results. For instance, I only get the data from 6 out of 26 trials in one of my QRTE blocks. In one of my non-QRTE blocks, I only get 6 responses out of 39, and some of them are repeated across multiple cells when they shouldn’t be.

When I look at the unparsed JSON in the Qualtrics output file, I can see that the data from all the trials has been saved.

I think perhaps the parser can’t deal with data from non-QRTE Loop & Merge blocks that have a different number of trials (which would result in a different number of rows in the parser output file). If so, then I could split the Qualtrics output file so that only the QRTE/JSON data is given to the parser, however I’m not sure exactly what data the parser needs, and what to remove.

Does anyone know what is causing the problem and how to deal with it?

Thanks,
    Becky

Becky

Hi,

This is just to say that I’ve now identified and fixed this problem.

The problem seems to have been caused by discontinuities in the row numbering of my Loop & Merge tables, e.g. 1,2,3,4,5,6,14,15…. These discontinuities occurred after I removed some rows from the middle of the tables (apparently the rows aren’t automatically re-numbered).

There were no longer any problems with the QRTE parser output after I changed all of the Loop & Merge tables so that there were no longer discontinuities in the row numbering.

Becky

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.