nullpointerexception error using parser

Home Forums Support nullpointerexception error using parser

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth

Hi,

I am now trying to parse the datafile from my experiment, and am receiving a NullPointException error. I tried changing the data file to only include the standard Qualtrics columns and the ones made by the qrtengine, as well as the four added in the survey flow (QRTE_blockData, QRTE_idData, QRTE_exitQuestions, and QRTE_columns), but received the same error message. In fact all the many types of changes I made to the data file made no difference, suggesting to me that the problem is not in the data file.

Do you have any suggestions?

Best,

Elizabeth

Does it work if you just load the originally exported data into the parser? Removing columns can be tricky, depending on the editor you use. Excel seems to interpret comma-separated files not always correctly. In any case, you should have at least all the Exit questions (in between brackets the line number from the L&M block) in the file, because that should include the saved timeaudit and response data.

Hope that helps.

Best, Henk

Elizabeth

Hi Henk,

Thanks for the response. I started trying to remove columns only after trying to run the parser with the file as originally exported. I am not too concerned, because all the data is there, but it would be nice to have it nicely parsed.

The parser is running, and creating an output file, but the file only has “topLevelId” in the upper lefthand corner cell.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Erwin Haasnoot
    Keymaster

Hi Elizabeth,

Not only would it be nice to have a properly parsed file, it is absolutely essential 🙂

We’re getting close to finishing a new version of the parser that hopefully gives you more insight into why the parser fails at parsing the file.

This won’t help your current situation, so I’d like to take a look at your current data file, if you don’t mind, to see what’s wrong. Would you mind contacting us at support@qrtengine.com and send us the data file?

Best regards,

Erwin

Luuk

Hi Erwin,

I am currently getting the same error as Elizabeth mentioned above. Maybe this reply was a while back, but I still hope you can help me fix it as well. My data file is currently holding the data from only one participant (from myself in preview mode) as I would first like to know that the data will be correctly exported before I start putting my survey online.

Best regards,

Luuk

Today we published a new parser which should solve a lot of parser-related issues. Please see here: http://www.qrtengine.com/qrtengine/new-qrtengine-parser-in-python/

Best,

Henk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.