Is QRTEngine working now?

Home Forums Support Is QRTEngine working now?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yaniv

Hello,

I’m trying to run the STROOP tutorial, but it doesn’t seem to work – stimuli are presented very briefly at different locations on screen sometimes, and on other times it stops after the first trial.

I understand there are problems right now with Qualtrics. Should the STROOP task run nonetheless? if not when are they expected to be solved? We are looking at running a big experiment online, and have to decide on a platform.

Thanks in advance,

Yaniv

Stephen

It is still not working for me, regardless of which version I use.

Mwhaha

Hi Yaniv,
    I’ve got the same issue with the Stroop test. I think what it does is it display all of the stimuli at once very briefly under the main stimuli, when each trial is launched. What I did as temporary solution was to insert a lot of blank space under the stimuli, for each of the questions (Init, Q1…. Exit). So this error still happens, now it is displayed much lower on the page…essentially you just get a much longer page.

You need however to insert the same number of blank lines and also make sure they are enough blank spaces for larger screen sizes too!

The downside is the possibility to accidentally scroll down but since the fingers of the person would theoretically be on the keyboard, not the trackpad, this would be highly, highly unlikely.

hello users,

Just a quick follow-up on this. Erwin is still working on a fix that should work better than the previous one provided. One of the users told us that it is possible to use version 16 with the old Qualtrics JFE engine, if you add “Q_JFE=0” to the url of your survey. We are testing this at the moment. As soon as we are confident enough it is reliable, we will publish a new version of the engine that automatically adds this to the url. In the meantime, you may try it yourself and see whether it helps.

Our sincere apologies for the delay.

Best regards,

Henk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.