End stimulus presentation in JS

Home Forums Support End stimulus presentation in JS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Becky

Hi Forum,

I’m using sounds in my experiment and would like to end the stimulus presentation immediately after the sound has finished playing. Unfortunately I can’t simply set the stimulus duration to the sound file duration because of variable loading times. I have access to all of the sound properties in HTML5 and Java Script, so I just need a way to terminate the QRTE stimulus presentation when a given condition is met.

If this isn’t directly possible in QRTE then I’m open to a hacky solution, like setting the stimulus to terminate on a key press and then simulating that key press when my condition is true.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!
    Becky

p.s. If the QRTE team is reading – maybe we could get some spam filters for this forum?

Jialin

Hi Becky,

I have a very similar question with you.

Looking forward to hear from QRTE team 🙂

Jialin

Becky

Hi forum,

FYI, I got this to work by adding an event listener that is called when the sound ends, where the event listener contains the function “QRTE.proceed();”. However I don’t know whether the data is logged correctly with this set up. I’m using the ‘fix’ version of QRTE (v17_jfe_fix) and I’m unable to parse the Qualtrics output (separate issue!).

Becky

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.