Reply To: alarm on false key-press and proceed on right press

Home Forums Support alarm on false key-press and proceed on right press Reply To: alarm on false key-press and proceed on right press

JSBarnhoorn
Keymaster

Dear Simian,

Thank you for your interest in using our method! From your question I understand that you intend to use auditory stimuli (‘will hear a false alarm’), is this correct? Unfortunately, auditory stimuli are not supported by the QRTEngine. Furthermore – although you have probably considered this already – I would advice you to be cautious in using auditory stimuli in any Internet based experiment since you cannot know whether the user muted your audio, at what volume the audio was produced or what back-ground noises are present.

In answer to your question: setting a specific key press to a stimuli is done via the Loop & Merge list: a list of stimuli and corresponding correct- and incorrect keypresses can be created there (also see the Stroop tutorial). I’m quit sure it is possible to present a ‘visual false alarm’ (you may find the functions you need at this page: http://www.qrtengine.com/tutorials/advanced-tutorials/on-qrtengine-javascript-part-2-stimuli/) although it may be rather difficult and not supported standard to save all the responses before the correct one is pressed.

In short: it may be possible to partially implement the paradigm you present. Good luck! I hope I’ve provided you with sufficient information, let me know if you have any further questions.